Friday, February 4, 2011

Using Dropbox in Schools

Dropbox is an online application that allows users to save documents, upload them to the dropbox website, and download them to any computer with dropbox all for free. The article Dropbox Tips for Teachers explains in greater detail what it is and how to use it. I use dropbox everyday in my AP Computer Science class. It eliminates the need to keep a flash drive or emailing documents and projects to your self. I can also access it on any computer or mobile device. The best part is that documents are uploaded and downloaded automatically, so when I leave school, there are no extra steps to uploading documents. And when I turn on my PC at home all of my files are downloaded automatically. Dropbox is completly free and can be put on as many computers as you want which is great for group collaborations. Make a new dropbox account and give each member of the group the login information. So as the members edit the project the others see what changes were made.

1 comment:

  1. Dan, Thanks for the first hand account of how to use Dropbox. Have you used Google docs? If so, how would you compare the two? I have been using Google for pretty much everything so I would be interested in your opinion.

    ReplyDelete